Reviews of iPage 2022: Is the hosting up to mark?
Suppose you’re searching for an inexpensive, easy, reliable, and user-friendly website hosting provider. If so, iPage is an excellent choice to consider. iPage has existed since 1998 and is the powerhouse behind more than 1 million websites worldwide. Its main benefit is its affordable pricing plan, which is amongst the most affordable in the world of web hosting. However, a lower price does not necessarily mean that you’re getting bad service.
iPage has service features that are comparable to the top website hosting provider. In addition to its basic shared hosting service, iPage also offers WordPress, VPN, and dedicated web hosting for more popular websites and businesses that have specific requirements for hosting. The variety of plans offered is why iPage clients are affiliate marketers, e-commerce stores, small-scale businesses, and large established businesses. However, iPage is most well-liked by beginners looking for cheap secure Webhosting due to its affordable entry-level plan.
Disclosure: This content is reader-supported, which means if you click on some of our links that we may earn a commission.
What is iPage?
iPage is a platform for hosting that offers a variety of features that can be used for small-sized business websites and personal blogs. It offers only one payment plan, which includes amazing features such as a website creator and unlimited space. It is also possible to choose WordPress hosting or VPS plans if you require another hosting option.
Oft copied, but rarely copied, iPage was one of the first major hosting companies to ditch the multi-tiered model of selling shared hosting and instead focus on a single, all-inclusive shared hosting platform that is with no restrictions on these essential sources:
- MySQL databases
- Email addresses
- Storage space
- FTP accounts
In addition, each email account you set up comes with 500MB of storage. It also has access via POP3/IMAP and webmail and the auto responder feature, spam filters, and virus scanner. This alone is an amazing feature. Many web hosts won’t present you email accounts. This can be costly!
Alongside the other features, iPage also includes the following features
- Essential Features: iPage offers some of the core features you’d expect to see in all hosting web services. But the difference is that iPage gives these features for free. The package includes unlimited space on disks domains, MySQL databases, and a FREE domain for a year.
- Design Features: When you have website hosting and a domain, you’re ready to build an online presence. iPage provides a comprehensive service that lets you use iPage’s website building tool. Additionally, however, your website will be mobile-friendly, and you can use their one-click WordPress installer.
- eCommerce: If you sign up with iPage to get started, you’ll be able to get an online store for free. The package also includes PayPal integration and AgoraCart to get you up and to run. Although it’s not the complete eCommerce software, it’s tough to be unhappy when included in the cost.
- Security and Backups: iPage boasts SiteLock to run regular malware scans, remove these dangers, monitor blacklisted addresses and block bot attacks and in general, create a secure security zone for all your internet-connected goods. They run nightly backups and provide 24/7 monitoring of any issues and the human monitor of any threats.
Easy of use
From the beginning, iPage is ideal for small companies – as it was designed specifically to meet the needs of small businesses. So, user-friendliness is a key selling point for this company. It’s beginner-friendly. The website builder has drag-and-drop features that are ideal for those new to the site. However, the process of registering can be complicated and confusing due to the numerous additional features available when you sign up.
iPage Server Speed & Uptime
In my complete review, you’ll see how one of the major reasons I endorse iPage Essentials is the consistently high level of uptime and the speedy servers. For me and perhaps for you too, Uptime is an essential aspect when evaluating a hosting web service. A high percentage of Uptime for your site is essential to ensure that your company remains online and draws in customers. Monitoring the Uptime of your website is essential to determine whether your web hosting company is suitable for your site or business.
This is among the most simple pricing reviews I’ve had to make. The pricing plan they offer will cost you $1.99 each month, for a 12- months, 24 or 36 months. After this time the plan renews at $8.35 per month.
They believe that you should build and host your site using their services, regardless of the kind of website or the business. With a price in the amount of $1.99 each month. We’ll take a look at everything you’ll get:
- Scalable bandwidth
- Unlimited domains
- FREE domain
- iPage website builder
- PayPal integration
- vDeck Control Panel
- Visitor statistics/site traffic reporting
- Online help center and ticketing system
- Step-by-step tutorials
- 30-day money back guarantee
- 24/7 phone and chat support
- Unlimited disk space
- FREE SSL certificate
- FREE online store
- 24/7 network monitoring
- Enhanced security suite ($100 Value)
- Customizable email address with your domain
- 1-click installer for WordPress and other apps
Does iPage beneficial for businesses?
Based upon the scale of your company it is possible that you will consider iPage as the perfect hosting option. Its standard Go Plan is very cheap and includes various options that are suitable for the needs of a new or small-sized company. You can also incorporate the various third-party options, including online payment options.
However, the basic iPage plan is not designed for large websites or ones that are expected to receive an enormous amount of traffic. Unlike the majority of web hosting services, iPage only offers one payment plan that comes with all the features of the platform. The pricing varies based on the duration of the subscription. This makes your things a little easier because you don’t have to think about various payment options.
What type of customer support do you have?
If you have any questions regarding iPage or an issue regarding your hosting service You can reach out to iPage directly to address the problem. The hosting platform provides an instant phone and chat and an extensive database of guides and articles to look into. You can call iPage to talk about its products, issues that you may have about the service, or to ask general inquiries anytime. The iPage support team is open each day, every day. In case you encounter issues with your hosting or domain name, or any other internet-related needs, call the support line and talk to an iPage team.
Another alternative to call support is the 24-hour iPage Live chat service. You will receive instant responses to any question you may have regarding hosting, domains or your website and much other things. You just need to open the chat box you can type in your query, and soon you’ll get an answer by a member of our team.
Comparing The Best Web Hosting Services
If you believe that iPage is the best choice for you, then great. If you’re searching for alternatives, you should look through our top choices for the top web hosting providers.
- SiteGround is the best option for keeping the uptime at 99.99 percent
- HostGator is ideal for growing your small business efficiently
- DreamHost is the best pay-as-you-go website hosting
- Bluehost – Best drag-and-drop page builder for beginners
- InMotion Hosting The most affordable cost for two sites hosting with one plan
- Hostinger – Best web hosting for most users
- Nexcess is a great option for those who have experienced WordPress users
- A2 Hosting is the most reliable web hosting service for European and Asian viewers
iPage is, without doubt, one of the top web hosting services available for newbies because of its price and features. It provides everything you require to start with a limited amount of resources and expand your business up to the point that you can begin considering more advanced hosting alternatives.
Indeed, iPage doesn’t offer the most cost-effective option for rapidly expanding sites and require more resources and additional features. It’s not a bad choice. However, other web hosting providers provide greater value for money at the same price, particularly when you look at the cost of renewal for accounts with iPage.
Pros & Cons of iPage Hosting
Let’s review some Pros and Cons of iPage.
- Pricing: Very affordable starting at $1.99/month only.
- Uptime: A reliable hosting service with 100 percent uptime.
- Simple Backend System: Easy to navigate and use.
- Response Time: Excellent speed of response from the customer service.
- Site Speed: Low site loading speed of 2.9 seconds.
- Support: Unwilling to assist and technical skills are not available.
- Server Locations: Just to two locations, and both are located in the US.
- Upselling: It’s difficult to find alternatives that are free.
- Automatic Daily Backup: Daily backup that is automated is not for free.
Conclusion: Reviews of iPage
If you’re looking to start online with a personal website or blog, or a small-scale business, then iPage is an excellent choice. It’s very affordable and provides an array of great features for brand new websites. Go Plan is a great choice, from a free domain for a year to unlimited space and more. Go Plan is a great package to get you up and to run and give your brand new website or business the foundation it needs. It even includes an online website builder that is free to build and host on only one service.
The features they offer are amazing. They offer everything I’ve described for only $1.99 monthly! They’re an amazing web host with many features to offer. In addition to all the options, they also provide security and reliable hosting. Although their performance isn’t exactly out of the ordinary, it’s quite good and can compete with other web hosting providers who are much more expensive.
You can also read the Elementor Review here.